Kollel Mekor Boruch is comprised of young men committed and dedictaed to the pursuit of Torah study - the Kollel at Sh'or Yoshuv Institute is unique in it's diversity of young men as well as its contribution to the chinuch of our community.
History of Sh'or Yoshuv
The yeshiva was founded in 1967 by Rabbi Shlomo Freifeld, former mashgiach ruchani ("dean of students") at Yeshiva Rabbi Chaim Berlin. The yeshiva was located in Far Rockaway from its inception until 2003, when it moved to its current location in Lawrence, New York. The yeshiva facilities include a large Bais Medrash, classrooms, English and Hebrew libraries, a gymnasium, and dormitory accommodations.
The yeshiva is currently headed by Rabbi Naftali Jaeger who serves as the Rosh Yeshiva.
The Introductory Program in Yeshiva Sh'or Yoshuv is a groundbreaking initiative dedicated to bringing the joy and knowledge of Torah study to everyone. The program aims to take participants with minimal or no formal Jewish education and assist them in their quest to connect with their hertiage on a deep and meaningful level. The vibrant student atmosphere, along with caring and devoted Rabbeim, provide the students with a warm a nurturing environment for growth.
- Over 600 families and thousands of individuals
- Zichron Ruchama and N'shei shiurim for women
- Businessmen Morning Kollel 5am and 7am
- Zichron Tzvi Yomi Shiurim
Community Learning Center
- Over 100 shiurim for the community throughout the week.
- Periodic special lectures
- Motzei Shabbos Father & Son Learning
- Seasonal Yarchei Kallah Programs
- Adult Chavrusa and Shiur Coordination
- Kollel Yom Rishon
- 12 daily early morning learning programs for businessmen
- Outreach Professional Kollel
- Chesed Shel Emes
- The Davis Memorial Fund
- Leon Mayer Loan Fund
- Keren Ita Feiga Fund
- Hachnosas Kallah Fund
- Tutorial Fund
- Zichron Ruchama
- Five Towns, Long Island
- Manhattan Adult Education Programs
- Russian Outreach
- Ohr Haner of Panama
- Winter Friday Night Oneg Shabbosim
- JFI Jewish Fellowships International Program